Tonight we are lucky enough to cater to a special guest, Sir Murphy Leftwig of Wales.
Now, he's joined us under the condition that we inform you of his blossoming article entitled "Left of the Perfect Arch", which will premier in December's issue of TIME Magazine. The piece is aimed to expand the ideals of "anti-Liberal comic relief". We do, however, have a surprise for our audience tonight. You will be able to pick up a copy of this article after the show! (Applause)
Now we are very pleased to have you on the show Murphy.
Brilliant, I was certainly excited to receive your call Thomas, and I assure you my wife was quite keen on the idea of traveling to Paris for the weekend!
Beautiful, we are all happy then. Now let's cut to the chase. What on earth have you been up to as of late?
Well upon finishing my article I decided to holiday in Manchester with a dear mate. We really weren't up to much, as of course we both were keen on a weekend of downtime (haha), and I must assure you our days were filled with much laziness! (Laughter)
That's just great, Manchester really is a great place to get away. Tell me, Murphy, did you happen upon any football?
Ah well of course! My mate who was catering to my stay is actually quite the football fan. He was kind enough to take me to the Sunderland match, which proved to suit my fancy as well. Oh and I must tell you of these young men we met outside of the match! They were quite the characters if I must say.... They're names were Phenz and Dizz I do believe. Odd names I might add.
Do go on Sir Murphy!
Well it all began like this...
----------------------------------------------------------------
Blah Blah Blah...... Blah Blah.
Well from Manchester we headed south to Paris. We got to see the Louvre, Ms. Mona Lisa was looking spectacular as were the hundreds of ceilings! Every night starting at 9 on the hour the Eiffel Tower lights up like an enormous fire cracker, so we braved the storm of North African pocket venders to catch the show. It was amazing. We also got to visit Josh's Aunt and Cousin one night. They made us some delicious soup served with baguettes. It was nice to see some familiar faces again! My favorite part of France was our visit to Normandy with the Deanovics'. We got to see all of the beaches that were stormed in the D-Day invasion as well as many sites that were key to the recovery of France for the allies. The trip also included a visit to the American grave yard, where we got the chance to walk through and pay homage to all the soldiers who gave their life for liberty. I felt very moved by the whole experience.
We then traveled by train to Switzerland, where I'm writing you from today! This place is truly spectacular. I've never been anywhere so engulfed in beauty. Josh and I feel very blessed to have the opportunity to visit here. Each day we have gone on a hike with our buddies we've met here. The last two days we tried to hike to the peak of the Schilthorn, the mountain we're on, but were defeated on both occasions. I feel very humbled by the fact that we're unable to conquer this land. Actually I feel a sense of respect and honor for the mountain. I believe this land was created to be respected and not conquered, however there is a fairly successful restaurant on the peak... We are insatiable. Anyway the views are tremendous and our friends here are really great people. Tomorrow we depart for Florence, Italy. We are excited for that, but ever more excited for Herms!! We will be in Italy for three days before we go.
Thanks to our faithful followers!
We love you and miss you all very much!
May God bless you and keep you all!
With love from Gimmelwald,
Casey
Sounds like you are having a blast! Love the pictures and the updates. Talked to Dad today and he said you were in Sweden? Wish I could be with you! Sending you all my love and prayers!
ReplyDelete